27 February 2019

living up to the hype


The Pony Express... not just because it’s a collectible vintage style made long ago in New York City, not just because it’s constructed of beautiful glove-tanned leather & has a super cute name... I love this bag.

The Pony Express Pouch is convenient, allowing me to carry a decent amount within its body-hugging profile. And, with a shorter strap, it sits comfortably at a higher spot on me when worn crossbody.

I think this one is a lovely example of a bag that shows it has lived. Its worn-in leather has developed a warm patina that comes from a life outside of a closet & carried more than just on occasion. I imagine a vintage bag’s life prior to me & find it particularly sweet thinking we’re more like a part of their story.

My BOTD: Coach vintage Pony Express Pouch: Style #9670, 11” x 8” x 2”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

popular posts